The Palm Beach Poetry Festival invites all Palm Beach County High School Students to send in one original poem.
- The winner will receive $200 and a pair of tickets to the Friday night Reading Event featuring 2018 NAACP Image Award Winner and Kingsley Tufts Poetry Award recipient, Patricia Smith
- The four runners up will each receive $100 and a pair of tickets to Friday night Reading Event
- All winners receive a one-year subscription to Poets and Writers Literary Journal
- All of the prize-winning poems will be posted on the festival website: palmbeachpoetryfestival.org and will be included in press releases
- Prize winners will be invited to participate in exclusive photo-ops with the featured poets, for local press releases
- Poems may be submitted October 15th through December 1, 2019, as follows:
- Submit one poem, 30 lines maximum, single-spaced, 12-point type.
- Your name, address, phone number, email address, name of high school, teacher’s name, and grade level must appear in the upper, right-hand corner of the page.
- DEADLINE: Your poem must be emailed by midnight, December 1, 2019.
- Send by email to PBPF1@aol.com (copy & paste poem into the body of email*); OR mail your submission to Dr. Allen, 1134 SW 44th Ave., Deerfield Beach, FL 33442.
- *Attachments will not be opened and will be automatically disqualified.
- All contest participants agree to be subjects of press releases and media stories about the contest and the festival.
- In order to collect the prize, the winner must be present at the awards ceremony.
- Your submission is an agreement that you will attend the Festival Awards Ceremony to read your winning poem on
Monday, January 20, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Submissions that do not adhere to these rules will be refused. Keep a copy of your poem, as the original will not be returned. Winners and runners up will be notified by January 1st, 2020.
Dr. Jeff Morgan, English Professor, College of Arts and Sciences, Lynn University, Boca Raton, Florida