The Palm Beach Poetry Festival invites all Palm Beach County High School Students to send in one original poem.
- The winner will receive $100 and a pair of tickets to the Coffee House Performance event, featuring Dominique Christina and Marc Kelly Smith
- The four runners up will each receive $25 and a pair of tickets to the Coffee House Performance Event
- All winners receive a one-year subscription to Poets and Writers Literary Journal
- All of the prize-winning poems will be posted on the festival website: palmbeachpoetryfestival.org and will be included in press releases
- Prize winners will be invited to participate in exclusive photo-ops with the featured poets, for local press releases
ELIGIBILITY: Palm Beach County public and private High School students, Grades 9-12
- Poems may be submitted October 1st through December 1st, 2015, as follows:
- Submit one poem, 30 lines maximum, single-spaced, 12-point type.
- Your name, address, phone number, email address, name of high school, and grade level must appear in the upper, right-hand corner of the page.
- DEADLINE: Your poem must be emailed by midnight, December 1st, 2015.
- Send by email to PBPF1@aol.com (copy & paste poem into the body of email*);
- *Attachments will not be opened and will be automatically disqualified.
- All contest participants agree to be subjects of press releases and media stories about the contest and the festival.
- In order to collect the prize, the winner must be present at the awards ceremony.
- Your submission is an agreement that you will attend the Festival Awards Ceremony to read your winning poem on Monday, January 18th , 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
Submissions that do not adhere to these rules will be refused. Keep a copy of your poem, as the original will not be returned.
Winners and runners up will be notified by January 1st, 2016.
Dr. Jeff Morgan, Chairman, Department of English, Lynn University, Boca Raton, Florida
For More Information about the Palm Beach Poetry Festival High School Poetry Contest, contact email@example.com, or by phone: (561) 868-2063. Be prepared to leave a message. Your call will be returned promptly. Ask your high school principal, English teacher or Poetry Club Leader about the Palm Beach Poetry Festival High School Poetry Contest. Visit: http://palmbeachpoetryfestival.org/other/hs_contest/winners to see the past winners and the winning poems!