The 17th Annual Virtual Palm Beach Poetry Festival invites all Palm Beach County High School Students to send in one original poem.
- The winner will receive $200 and a pair of tickets to the virtual Friday night reading event featuring Poet At Large Brian Turner
- The four runners up will each receive $100 and a pair of tickets to the virtual Friday night reading event
- All winners receive a one-year subscription to Poets and Writers Literary Journal
- All of the prize-winning poems will be posted on the festival website: palmbeachpoetryfestival.org and will be included in press releases
- Prize winners will be invited to participate in exclusive photo-ops with the featured poets, for local press releases
Poems may be submitted October 15th through December 1, 2020, as follows:
Submit one poem, 30 lines maximum, single-spaced, 12-point type.
Your name, address, phone number, email address, name of high school, teacher’s name, and grade level will be entered as you complete the Submittable entry. All entries will be read blind using Submittable.
By submitting a poem to the contest, the student agrees to be named in press releases and media stories about the contest and the festival.
Your submission is an agreement that if selected as a winner, you will submit a video reading of the winning poem, and a headshot for online publication and promotional purposes.
Any Submission containing profanity will be declined.
Submissions that do not adhere to these rules will be refused. Keep a copy of your poem, as the original will not be returned. Winners and runners up will be notified by January 1st, 2021.
Dr. Jeff Morgan, English Professor, College of Arts and Sciences, Lynn University, Boca Raton, Florida