THE 11th ANNUAL PALM BEACH COUNTY
HIGH SCHOOL POETRY CONTEST
(for an original poem by a high school student)
WINNERS HAVE BEEN SELECTED AND ANNOUNCED. Visit: http://palmbeachpoetryfestival.org/other/hs_contest/winners to see the winners and the winning poems!
PRIZES! PUBLICATION! RECOGNITION!
ATTENTION: PALM BEACH COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
PUBLIC, PRIVATE, AND CHARTER SCHOOLS, GRADES 9-12
THE PALM BEACH POETRY FESTIVAL INVITES YOU TO SUBMIT AN ORIGINAL POEM TO ITS 11th ANNUAL PALM BEACH COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL POETRY CONTEST. You may download these rules in pdf format at:
- The winner will receive $100 and a pair of tickets to one festival event, and a pair of tickets to the Coffee House Performance event featuring Malcolm London and Rachel McKibbons
- The four runners up will each receive $25 and a pair of tickets to the Coffee House Performance Event, slated for January 24, 2015
- The winner will receive a one-year subscription to Poets and Writers Literary Journal
- All of the prize-winning poems will be posted on the festival website: www.palmbeachpoetryfestival.org and will be included in press releases
- Prize winners will be invited to participate in exclusive photo-ops with the featured poets for local press releases
Dr. Jeff Morgan, Department of English, Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL
High school students, grades 9-12, Palm Beach County public and private schools
- Poems may be submitted from October 10th through December 1st, 2014 as follows:
- Submit one poem, 30 lines maximum, single-spaced, 12-point type.
- Your name, address, phone number, email address, name of high school, and grade level must appear in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- DEADLINE: Your poem must be emailed by December 1st, 2014.
- Send by email to PBPF1@aol.com (copy & paste poem into the body of email. NOTE: attachments will not be opened and will automatically be disqualified).
- All contest participants agree to be subjects of press releases and media stories about the contest and the festival.
- The winner must be present at The High School Poetry Contest Awards Ceremony to read the winning poem to collect the prize.
- Your submission is an agreement that you will attend the ceremony on Monday, January 19, 2015 at 4:00 pm.
Submissions that do not adhere to these rules will be refused. Keep a copy of your poem, as the original will not be returned. Winners and runners up will be notified by January 1st, 2015.
For More Information about the Palm Beach Poetry Festival High School Poetry Contest, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone: (561) 868-2063. Be prepared to leave a message. Your call will be returned promptly.
Ask your high school principal, English teacher or Poetry Club Leader about the Palm Beach Poetry Festival High School Poetry Contest.
* * *
* * *